Saturday, May 19, 2012

New World is Growing Larger

The newest, latest and greatest for Dawson is food and singing.  He LOVES food!!!!  I just started him on Monday after our 4 month appointment.  The first thing we tried was bananas.


His face was great; not too sure if we liked them much, but it was a completely different flavor and texture compared to Mama's milk.  


Tuesday, we tried sweet potatoes and loved them!  I added cinnamon and nutmeg to it and I think that helped a ton.  Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday we did the same.  On Thursday, we started opening up our mouth for the food.  Friday, he was eating like a champ and LOVING his food.  He'd get so excited when he'd see the spoon, he'd start raising his hands and opening his mouth.  I learned that letting him hold my pinkies while feeding him was a big help to keep them from intercepting the spoon and becoming face paint.  He pulls my hand in now.  I ate after feeding him and every time I lifted my fork of spaghetti, he'd get so excited for more... I felt so bad for eating in front of him.  He just wants to taste all that I eat.  He had started noticing me eating probably about two weeks ago and I knew he was getting ready for food.  I was waiting for his four month appointment before doing it.  He was ready for solid foods.  We don't even spit it out.  We have a video of him eating last night.  Jason started taping as I was feeding and it was awesome.  I just need to get the video from him.  

He has also started singing with me as I get him ready for naps and bedtime.  I also have been singing in the tub and other places.  He really sings along and it's so cute.  Not only do I have this incredibly talkative and communicative baby (he started responding and talking back to me before two months old!  Crazy early and a TON of talking), but he sings along, too.  He was sent to me for many reasons and he's a blessing to us everyday.  We love having him apart of our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment